VortecS Blender SupportUpdated 6 months ago
Do you smell an odour on first use?
When new, the blender may emit a ‘new’ smell, this is normal.
Continue to use the blender as normal, the smell will disappear after a few uses.
The blade is not turning?
1. Drive coupling may be damaged.
Never lift or shake the jar while in use. If the drive coupling is sheared then contact the Dualit repairs department for servicing advise.
2. The blade may be jammed. The stop light will continuously flash red.
Switch off and unplug the blender, remove the ingredients that block the blades. You will need to process the food in smaller batches. Ensure chunks are no larger than 2cm.
My blender stops turning whilst processing?
1. Jar may not be correctly seated on the main body. It may have jumped up while blending.
Check the jar has not lifted up during blending, always blend with a gloved hand holding the jar down.
2. To prevent over processing, the blender will switch off automatically after 1 minute 30 seconds.
This safety feature will stop the motor. The control panel will flash 3 times and the blender will revert back to standby.
3. The ingredients you are processing are too thick.
Stop immediately, remove jar from base and unplug. Thin down the mixture or this may not be suitable for blending.
4. The blender features a motor overload protection feature. If the motor is being overloaded, the control panel will remain lit and the motor will stop.
To restart it again, unplug from the mains and let it cool down for a minimum of 30 minutes. The blender will not be ready to use again until it has cooled down.
My jar is looking cloudy?
1. Over time, blending hard items may scratch the inside of the jar.
Over time blending very hard items may cloud the jar. Consider buying a spare jar if you intend to blend hard items on a regular basis.
2. You may have used the wrong dishwasher setting.
Only dishwasher on a cycle below 40C and place on the top shelf.
My mixture is not blending evenly
1. The wrong setting may be selected.
As a general rule for dry ingredients start by using Auto pulse and for liquid mixtures add the liquid first then the solid items on top.
2. Food is sticking to the sides of the jar and not blending.
Stop the blender, remove the jar off the blender base and use a spatula to redistribute the food items into the centre of the jar.
The jar is leaking?
1. Blade not correctly threaded into the jar.
Switch off and unplug the blender , Remove the blade and reattach taking care the blade is securely attached to the base of the jar.
2. Gasket may be missing, damaged or not correctly seated on the blade.
Examine the gasket for damages, ensure it is seated securely in place and reassemble.
3. Blade assembly not tight enough in the jar.
Hand tighten the blade by turning anti-clockwise. Go as far as you can so it does not move. Only use the tool provided to undo the blade assembly.
The lid is loosening off whilst blending?
1. The rim of the jar may have food items stuck and the lid is not seated correctly.
Wipe the rim of the jar after every use.
2. The lid is not pushed down enough.
Always check the lid is securely pushed down. Attach the lid by applying a slight twisting action whilst pushing down.