1.5L Jug Kettle SupportUpdated 6 months ago
Why does the kettle not turn on?
1. The kettle may not be properly connected to the power supply or the fuse may have failed.
Check the plug is in the socket and the switch is turned on. Replace the fuse if necessary.
2. Boil dry feature may have been activated. If the kettle is accidentally switched on with no water inside, the boil-dry device will switch off the heating element to prevent damage to the kettle.
Wait 10 minutes for the kettle to reset.
3. The element may have broken if the power neon illuminates but the kettle does not boil.
The element cannot be replaced. Contact customer services* on 01293 652500 (UK delivery only) for servicing information.
4. The kettle does boil but the power neon does not illuminate.
The power neon may have blown. For further assistance contact Dualit customer services on 01293 652500 (UK delivery only).
The kettle is sputtering out of the spout
1. You may have over filled the kettle.
Only fill to the max mark (1.5L).
Wait 10 seconds to allow the boiling water to settle before pouring.
2. The kettle may have descaling solutions remaining inside the body.
Follow the instructions from the cleaning & care section and rinse thoroughly.
3. The filter may not be in position.
Ensure the filter is in position. For spare parts please visit www.dualit.com or contact Dualit customer services on 01293 652500 (UK delivery only) for help.
My kettle is not switching off
1. Limescale may have built up inside the kettle.
Descale your kettle regularly (see Limescale Warning in the instruction manual).
2. Check the lid is firmly closed during use.
Pips on inner lid rim can be pushed in to create a tighter fit.
3. Water may have gone down the steam tube whilst filling. You may have overfilled, tilted the kettle when filling or filled through the spout.
Leave the kettle for 24 hours to fully dry.
Marks have appeared in the kettle
Small brown spots can build up inside the Kettle. This is not rust, small deposits of limescale that contain iron can build up inside the Kettle.
Descale regularly (see cleaning & care section of the instruction manual).
The kettle leaks from the lid
The lid seal may be damaged or have a build up of limescale.
Replace the seal. For spare parts please visit www.dualit.com or contact Dualit customer services on 01293 652500 (UK delivery only) for help.
Water droplets collect on top of the power base
This is condensation and perfectly normal. Dry with non abrasive cloth.